Jeff has an extensive history with Roehl Transport, and if you desire to move from company driver to owning your own business, Jeff will help you do so.
A summary of Jeff's experience in the transportation industry:
- Raised on a dairy farm in central Wisconsin and started driving the farm pickup at the age of 4 in the grain fields and related farm equipment and tractors at age 5.
- Attended UW-Madison Agri-Business Short Course Program and graduated with a 3 year Agri-Business Associates Degree in 2 years.
- Operated Eibergen Mobil out of Granton, WI from 1977 to 1979 distributing fuel oil, gasoline, and petroleum products. I was the youngest distributor for Mobil Oil in Wisconsin during that time. I also drove school bus for Granton Schools with regular and extra activity routes.
- Decided to sell the petroleum business and drive truck over the road. I was hired by Everett G Roehl Trucking in June 1979 and was on the flatbed division. (There was only a hand full of van trailers). I hauled lumber and building products, pallets, and steel.
- I was one of the first drivers along with John Moeller who started traveling west for Roehl. Previously, most of our hauling was in the six Midwestern states.
- I was the first driver at Roehl assigned a truck with an engine brake retarder. (Jacobs Brake Retarder)
- In late 1983, I decided to purchase my own truck. At that time, Roehl didn’t have an owner operator program so I had to go elsewhere. I hauled mostly over dimensional and specialized freight throughout the entire U.S. and parts of Canada.
- In 1986, I got married, and decided to come off the road in 1987. I sold my truck in 1987 and worked road and excavation construction operating heavy equipment, (dozer, endloader, grader) and driving truck.
- I came back to Roehl in 1988 as a local utility driver at Marshfield. I also operated heavy equipment both at the yard during the construction of the current main office and also at Roehl Granite.
- After the office was built, I started working with Rick Roehl and was trained for a customer service role and over dimensional freight coordinator. As a side job, I also hauled fuel for Roehl with a tanker trailer on nights and weekends to our Marshfield terminal.
- Over the years, I held positions in recruiting, fleet management, Operations Support Manager, and was the Operations Manager for the Flatbed, Curtainside and Specialized Fleets, a role that I held for 11 years. I am currently the Owner Operator Program Manager.
- As a hobby, I have been driving motorcoach during the weekends for a local company for over 25 years. I travel throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois, and an occasional weeklong tour when I take vacation at Roehl. I also enjoy snowmobiling in the winter months and motorcycling in the summer months, touring the back roads of Wisconsin.