Business Development Executive
As a Business Development Executive with Roehl Transport, you lead our efforts in building, developing, and growing customer relationships. You are a catalyst in the development and execution of strategic business priorities in the field, always looking for ways to deliver a win for Roehl and for our valued customers. Your primary focus is to attract, engage, develop and retain customers whose book of business aligns with our lane flow strategies.
You work closely with your team members in Sales, Customer Service, and Pricing to identify freight hauling needs, development of lane flow strategies, competitive pricing strategies, on-boarding new customers, and continued customer relationship management.
What You Do:
- Prospect, research, and identify new customers that align with our lane flow strategies
- Maintain and build strong relationships and grow volume and margin with our current customers
- Prepare and present proposals and solutions to potential and current customers
- Act as a liaison between the customers and internal Roehl departments, e.g. Pricing, Customer Service, A/R, Credit, Billing, etc.
- Daily logging in the CRM, reporting and communication of sales meetings and prospecting activity to the Vice President of Sales
What You Will Need to Succeed:
At Roehl Transport we value Mutual Support & Teamwork, Respect, Making a Difference, Honesty, Integrity, Accountability, Customer Care, Driver Success, and our Cornerstone Value: Safety! These values guide our daily interactions with each other and our customers. We are looking for an individual who shares our values and is ready to make a difference. We work hard and we have fun collaborating together as we accomplish our goals!
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of truckload transportation sales experience
- Ability to travel. This position will be based in the Northeastern region of the US, but may travel throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Strong presentation skills to an executive audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to provide creative solutions and vision relative to closing on targeted strategic accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite or software; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Roehl Transport was founded by Everett Roehl in 1962 when he began providing motor carrier service with a single truck. Sixty years later, Roehl Transport, still family-owned, has grown to one of the nation's largest, most progressive, and safest transportation and logistics companies.
At Roehl Transport, our values guide our daily interactions with each other and our customers. Each day we live our values of Safety, Driver Driven, Innovation, Unity in Diversity, Delivering Success, and Do the Right Thing. We work hard and have fun collaborating as we accomplish our goals