Fleet Manager Trainee
As a Fleet Management Trainee, you will learn the skills you need to lead a team of up to 45 drivers and support their ability to be productive, safe, and deliver flawless service to our customers. We will provide you with comprehensive training including an experienced Fleet Manager mentor, online learning, classroom training, and more! Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to be fully prepared to lead your own fleet of drivers as a Fleet Manager at te end of your training period.
In this role, you will:
- Develop of working knowledge of the transportation/trucking industry
- Develop a strong understanding of Roehl’s company values, procedures, and systems
- Participate in team meetings, huddles, and mentoring programs
- Complete hands-on and computer-based training
- Learn skills needed to coach, problem-solve, and resolve conflict with drivers
This position requires no prior transportation experience. We are looking for someone with:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, retail, restaurant, and/or hospitality industry
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills with a diverse audience via phone, email and text
- Ability to work with dual-screen computer monitors
You will earn an hourly wage and a bonus while in training. When you finish training, you'll earn a competitive salary and have the opportunity to earn a second monthly bonus. Additionally, you are eligible for medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing, and paid time off. We even offer tuition reimbursement if you are interested in advancing your education.
Roehl Transport was founded by Everett Roehl in 1962 when he began providing motor carrier service with a single truck. Sixty years later, Roehl Transport, still family-owned, has grown to one of the nation's largest, most progressive, and safest transportation and logistics companies.
At Roehl Transport, our values guide our daily interactions with each other and our customers. Each day we live our values of Safety, Driver Driven, Innovation, Unity in Diversity, Delivering Success, and Do the Right Thing. We work hard and have fun collaborating as we accomplish our goals.