Roehl raises inexperienced truck driver starting pay!
The best truck driver training program just got even better as Roehl Transport has increased starting pay for new drivers for national and regional fleets in all divisions. Starting mileage rates for van and refrigerated drivers are up 9% and flatbed starting rates are up a whopping 17%!
Starting pay for inexperienced drivers in our Primary Commercial Zone:
- National Flatbed Fleet is now $0.41 per mile!
- National Refrigerated Fleet is now $0.37 per mile!
- National Van Fleet is now $0.35 per mile!
Roehl’s pay increase applies to inexperienced truck drivers no matter where you’re getting your CDL. So, if you’re a recent graduate of a truck driving school, currently in a truck driver training program or if you want to Get Paid While You Get Your CDL, you’ll now get even more with Roehl!
Just starting out in trucking.
Congratulations on choosing the transportation industry. Whether you have just graduated or are starting truck driving school, Roehl Transport is your first choice for the best on-the-job training and trucking career. And, as a new driver, student driver or inexperienced driver, you need to know that you’ve made a good choice and that the company you’ve chosen is rock-solid. Our reputation as a safe, honest and professional company is just one of the reasons so many new drivers start their career with Roehl. You can count on our more than 50 years of success – over half of that time training new truck drivers – we’re growing and investing you.
Why Choose Roehl as your first job out of truck driving school?
A truck driving school prepares you to get your CDL. We prepare you to be among the best professional truck drivers in the trucking industry through our Safety and Job Skills Training Program.
We take your career and our training seriously. As a result, Roehl is one of the safest trucking companies in the nation. That’s why we’ll enter into an agreement with you. We'll provide you the best training and support, monthly tuition reimbursement payments, and a longevity bonus all while you’re also earning one of the highest student driver pay rates. For your part, you'll agree to be a professional driver with Roehl for 75,000 miles.
We’ll pay you well, get you home on time and train you to be among the best drivers in the industry.
How much will I make?
Here’s how you impact your pay and get to $50,000 per year or more in nine months.
What about miles?
- First, we pay you a top starting mileage rate. Depending on where you live, you can earn between $0.35 all the way up to $0.50 a mile to start.
- Second, we offer automatic mileage rate increases while you are learning.
- Third, in the Your Choice Pay Plan – your performance means you can earn a pay increase each quarter up to our top rate.
Your miles and pay are part of a regular discussion you will have with your fleet manager. We are committed to work with you to set and meet your earnings goals. Of course, we will assign you the work that gives you steady miles. And as you gain experience, you’ll gain stamina, efficiency and control.
- Stamina – when you first start out, you likely will not be able to drive as many miles in a day as an experienced pro. Over time, you’ll gain stamina and that will mean more miles.
- Efficiency – making the most of your available drive time each day means becoming an expert at navigation, getting in and out of a customer’s location and truck stops, completing paperwork (we make it easy with the MyRoehl smartphone app). As you learn, you’ll develop ways to get more out of each day.
- Choices – truck driving is both a career and a lifestyle; you decide when to start and end your day, when you are available to drive, how long you drive each day – and those choices impact how many miles you drive and how much you will make.
Roehl offers a complete benefits package, including one of the top profit-sharing contributions among US trucking companies, to support drivers and their families. In a truck driving job with Roehl, you’ll find our benefits both comprehensive and affordable. Learn more about our benefits
, from full health, dental, vision and the rest of the package, including our passenger program
and pet passport program
When will I get home?
You decide how long you drive. You can expect consistent, dependable schedules with up to 26 weeks off a year. Our HOMEtime Plus™ Fleets are second to none, maximizing earning potential according to your lifestyle.
- National Fleets. 11-14 days out and 3 days home. Stay out longer and go home for up to 7 days at a time.
- HOMEtime Plus™
- 7/7. Get up to 26 weeks off a year, driving 7 days out with 7 days at home.
- 7/4-7/3. Average 120 days off each year and get home every other week. Drive for 7 days with 4 days at home, followed by another 7 days with 3 days at home.
- 14/7. Get high miles and extended home time. Drive 14 days and enjoy 7 off.
- Regional/Dedicated Fleets. Regional fleets offer weekly home time. We also have some dedicated fleets that feature weekly home time.
- Local Fleets. Our local drivers are home every day. Many of our local truck driving jobs are based out of our terminals.
Talk to a Driver Employment Specialist to learn more about the available fleets in your area and for your experience level. They will help you find a fleet that meets your needs!
What are my fleet options?
As one of the largest trucking companies in America, Roehl provides a broad range of services to a wide range of customers, including Dry Van, Flatbed & Specialized, Refrigerated and Curtainside. Within these divisions, we have many great driving job opportunities.
Your division and fleet choice depend on your preferences and needs. Plus, our size and scope are large so you can change fleets or even divisions, if you want to.
Check out the available fleets in your area using our Zip Code truck driver job search
Depending on where you live, we offer National/OTR, Regional, Dedicated and Local trucking jobs.
Unlike many trucking companies, when you join Roehl, you have a lot of options – choices in fleets, divisions, home time, even equipment as we have automatics and manual transmission trucks. Learn more about our equipment
Having a life outside the truck.
You can have both a profitable career and a Life Outside The Truck™ with Roehl. We even track and monitor how successful we are at getting our drivers home so you know your home time is important to us. Learn more about our Life Outside the Truck program
We’re built on Values.
At Roehl, safety is our cornerstone value—the first and foremost consideration in everything we do, no matter what.
As a driver, you have the final say on whether it’s safe to drive – if you don’t feel safe, you don’t drive, no questions asked.
And that’s just the beginning. See more about our Wall of Values and how it sets us apart from other trucking companies on our about us page